PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extortionist Doctor in New Delhi
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2011, 12:54
itsbrokenagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW lots of one post wonders suddenly coming to the rescue !!

I too have heard of this Doctor, over 1 year ago.

I havent been there but there was a discussion on another web forum about him about 6 mths ago. I read there that there were complaints to the FAA lodged about him. But it was on a forum and is hearsay.

I would personally stick to the Mumbai Doctors if I needed a medical in India myself. A Aviation Medical Examiner gets the accreditation to do a job, not invent the rules, not to decide the standards, they are laid down. They are also there to help Pilots pass the medical, not hinder them or take bribes. I doubt someone would post this type of allegation on here and volunteer to give their name via PM if there wasnt some truth in this...

I personally dont see the relevance of reporting on here someone has had a fever, and I dont think that has any relevance on being able to get a medical too. I know I once got hospitalized for pneumonia and the FAA couldnt care less! I went straight back to the line flying with no re-examination the next week. I reported it again on the my subsequent medical applications and to date nothing has ever been said or asked for.

I have been in many AME offices and have never found out any of the fellow Pilots there at the times medical conditions, let alone even be able to remember their age! So to 'DecentAviator' and 'Upfirst' , I dont think you are being honest in who you say or pretend to be.