PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRP-1 Computer
Thread: CRP-1 Computer
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2011, 12:45
PompeyPaul
Pompey till I die

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting

Learning the basic CRP-1 is easy and the exam demonstrates this straightforward ability. What you do later is your business, but for 40 years mine still lives in my flight bag instantly ready to do service [without requiring i/p signal or batteries].
This is an interesting point, and I still have my WW with me at all times. Realistically though I think it would probably be more dangerous for me to attempt to plog with the WW, whilst being out of practice in a theoretical emergency, than it would be inconvenient to find batteries / computer terminal / ip etc etc

It reminds me of the night qualifaction. I earned mine and was told never to use it, only in emergencies if I get caught out. The thing is, if I ever DID need to use it, due to emergency, it'd probably go wrong because I'd be so out of practice.

If I was retired, and had time on my hands then keeping WW skills up to date, flying at night regularly, going through how to inflate the life raft in the aircraft etc etc are all things I could do and would like to. In reality I just don't have the time to keep all of those "emergency" skills going.

I guess that's the difference between me the amateur, and the pros ?