PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 25th Jan 2011, 10:10
planesense

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much would you give up?

Thanks le Pingouin & tobzalp & Undercover Brother (and anyone else who responds)

You've really made some observations that I need to take note of. I'm not pulling the pin just yet (after I may not even get through which is the most likely outcome) but you’ve caused me to pause for a moment to reassess the situation. I will go ahead and sit the test but I’m wondering where to next if I actually was given the opportunity to proceed. I’d note that where ever you go people are unhappy with management and generally it’s a fair assessment as people who manage are often people who couldn’t cut it at the coal face. They’re just a bit more ambitious than you and I and so inflict their incompetence out on us. Sometimes good people are bad managers simply because the framework they are forced to work within would make anyone bad. The question is how bad is Oz ATC which is something I need to gauge based on the feedback I’m hearing?

So far the discussion is all academic as I’ve yet to pass Base 4 but it sounds like I need to consider whether the dream will survive or not from the hard dose of reality should I be selected. If any of you guys know that you’ll be in Collins St CBD Melbourne and want to have a coffee on the banks expense feel free to send an offline message.
I have friends that are Dentists, Lawyers, Plumbers, Doctors etc but no trained ATC’ers thus it’s been hard (read impossible) to form a balanced opinion of what the job is like. So much spin and so little facts!