PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2011, 07:13
73addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stansdead, I am sure you are an amazing individual with the enviable experience of a seasoned pro! However, just be careful with your comments. To call people fools because they have done thing differently to you is a massive generalisation and grossly naive. I am sure that there are many on this site who trained post 9/11 when sponsorships did not exist or were incredibly sparse. UNLESS one is fortunate to have the bank of M and D then short of going down the debt route there was no other way. Yes you could have gone out to get a job to raise funds but how many years will that put you back? More than 5,6,7 I wager. As for the constant barrage for those who do have bank of M and D again WHY? Good luck to them, it doesn't make them any less qualified at the end or any less of a pilot!
It is quite simple this industry has and is surviving off of the fact that people are desperate to become an airline pilot, and given the investment to get your initial licence, are relying on the fact that people will be willing to go a bit further to fulfil their ambition.
Realistically with the theory of speculate to accumulate there are some good choices that can be made and have been made. For a young single wannabe the idea of short term debt to reap the rewards of a full career is not such a terrible thought.
I suggest you wind your neck back in and realise that difference does not mean foolishness or dumbness!!
All the best