PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2011, 03:07
Bagoongathipon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xxfl350xx

pardon my ignorance..
Whats the difference between the 50% sponsored and nonsponsored? Are you refering to those not sponsored by cebu pac? Because its either the cebu pac sponsored, non cebu pac sponsored. Please enlighten me. OR maybe the tons of information here in the forum has made everything mixed up?

Secondly, as a noncebu pac sponsored cadet, i didnt know if there was an airline who will accept me until about 1-2 months after my base training. I was already planning to go to the general aviation but i decided otherwise because I knew that CA was doing something.

While there were alot of foreign management people who wasnt doing anything but sh!t, the last management who handled us wasnt. We knew they were trying to fixed what the previous managements where doing and they were trying to fix what was due for us. It wasnt that easy and it didnt take a day, a week or a month.. it would take 2-3months to have things get going. And that was fast.

Just like in the corporate world (to those who have experienced), that a contract could take a quarter or even a year to have it even approved.

I worked in the corporate environment before and meeting owners of big banks, talking to employed presidents. Its not that easy to engage on something eventhough you already have the blessing of the owner. Much ofcourse an MPL program.

While it is best for clark av to iron out everything even before the school was launched, i guess it was a business decision/strategy. Supposedly Lesser cost for them?

Whether it worked or failed, i just protected my own interest. So when I got to talk to one of the management who handled us, I knew he wasnt talking sh!t by asking questions and probe them. (as compared to the first 2managements i talked to, they were hopeless) It was just hard to make things work because of their initial strategy.

They have to talk to airlines who would absorb mplers.. this wouldnt take a month.
They have to talk to airlines who would accomodate base training.. this either wont take a month of negotiation.
For foreign pilots, they have to have their philippine issued MPL converted to UAE. It took them 2-3months?! and it was processed by ICAO. Would you blame ICAO? Why cant they process it in 2days?

Above that is the MPL program itself, there were standards to be followed, clark av, cebu pac and caap has to play it by ear. Making adjustments and requirements here and there. The other airlines, zest air and airphil had the easier way. They just waited and see. It also took 2-3months for some MPLs to be absorbed in airphil.

The 3years I stayed in Clark Av, the pros and con, the uncertainties, was a much better option that going for general av, in my opinion.

Because it was way easier than what gen av people have gone through. and I respect them for that. I cannot survive fish flying for free and all the things that comes with it. So much respect with them.

So, if there are still MPL in Clark, im sure that they will be absorbed by the local airlines because pilots are such in demand right now and it was the best business proposition.

The question is, are those MPLs still there are at par with the airline minimum requirements? If yes, im sure they will be absorbed by a local airline.

For my point of view, these were the options back then.
1. PALav: 2years as a cadet, 2nd officer for atleast 3years? (total 5years)
2. Genav: Only 1% would be able to make to an airline.. plus the hazards? (I dont have the average # of years a gen av pilot makes it to airline jet flying.. but i guess you get the point)
3. Clarkav: as per my experience, 3years of uncertainty then FO on an A320? and by next year i would have reached 1500 hours.. Would there be any difference between a CPL and MPL? (well, yeah, depends on my attitude on learning).

You tell me.

I think, in my honest opinion, i made the right choice.

Last edited by Bagoongathipon; 25th Jan 2011 at 03:39.