PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BK GA Lane
Thread: BK GA Lane
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2002, 00:32
shaablamm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way the system should work in the lane in my opinion is, 2,500ft Southbound and 2,000ft Northbound. A quick call at the beginning of each entry and a call if seperation is possibly going to be breached.

OZGRADE 3, just because CASA say that it is not required certainly doesn't mean its a waste of time. I do agree that it is sometimes hard to get a word in when IFR but restricting safety by not calling is madness, that would be the reason why CASA have not and will never ridecule pilots making these calls. Further more if you were plowing down the lane at 200kts trying to get into BK octa after an IFR leg wouldn't you want to get a call out for a little situational awareness or are you going to dodge the C172s etc like a game of asteroids. Alot of IFR guys/gals do this. If the airwaves are used appropriately it works. This brings us to the debate re the useless drivel that is blurted out on the radio these days which reflects poor training and poor BFR checks.

I do agree that the lane dominates SY RAD/TERM frequencies and I can not see why the lane doesn't have a frequency for itself, much like Victor 1 which has significantly less traffic. It should also be directed further away from BK and move possibly into the RIC airspace a few miles this would then stop the penetration of SY airspace, well the frequency of penetrations anyway and also aid better channeling to BK. Student pilots, PPLs etc would also find the workload easier due the longer legs and less stress as they approach BK itself. This, I believe would solve the problem.

Anyway thats me done.