PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Imminent threat to Enstone airfield
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2011, 21:47
genrege

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Imminent threat to Enstone airfield

I'm forwarding this on, as Enstone airfield is under threat as per below. Apologies if this is the wrong forum or an inappropriate post, but thought I'd give it a shot.

Some of you may be aware that the Enstone land owners want to turn it into a wind or solar farm which will close the main and southern grass runways. OSF have been advised that they stand a good chance of fighting this. I forward the message below. If anyone is also a OSF member please attend and support this.

Things are getting time critical with the negotiations with Lowman Holdings ( The Landlords ) and OSF. I have decided that it is now time to call a meeting to explain the situation and to receive members input. At the meeting I will be suggesting the setting up of a fund to cover solicitors costs. I do not think that the Directors of OSF should fund any action by them selves and indeed may be reticent to do so entirely. I also will be speaking to Paul Fowler down the other end to muster his members to support the fund (not this meeting) as well.

Short notice I know but We are nominating Saturday 29th Jan 2011 for 11am start at OSF.

Please have a ring round other OSF members you know as I do not have any members contact details. This will be possibly the most important meeting O.S.F has ever held. Thinking about it I cannot remember them ever having one (with their members that is!!). See You Sat.

Cheers

Steve Copson