PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rockport Walk
Thread: Rockport Walk
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2011, 19:16
Taxi.Idge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been on the 'bike test' for the last few years due to knee injuries sustained playing representative bloody sport!!! Always passed at the 'light blue' level. Today however, I took the new RPW and failed!! P****D OFF would not suffice. The PTI's brief was useless in the extreme, and as I was unaware of the online calculator, I set off unaware as to what was really expected. I started off last of 6 but finished first, by quite a way. After the 'fail' result was delivered, after 51 press ups!!! I asked the two PTIs present how I could have improved my performance, they both had absolutely no idea!! The only thing they were interested in was filling out the paperwork for my impending MAA and getting my 12 week rehab brief done. Having put my figures into the online calculator it seems that a 20 sec improvement would have had me home and dry. So I now have formal action on my record and 12 weeks worth of boring, boring gym to look forward to!! All for 20 seconds!! All for the PTIs having not a clue what they are doing. A further note is how can I have passed previous tests(bike) with ease but then fail on a newly brought in test? For the record five out of the six of us failed!!
As per one previous comment, are the heart rate watches calibrated? I have personally just written to Polar to ask them what their accuracy figures are. Also I note that the heart straps we used are not linked to the watches, they are the cheap versions which can interact with anyone else close by. I'm sure all very interesting for any lawyer!!

As you can probably tell I am highly p****d off with the whole affair, I'm sorry for the rant, I dont even feel any better about it!!