PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enough With The Scab Rehetoric!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2002, 23:06
Munchkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zoolander, as i said one has to tread carefully. There are quite a few A scalers who have held up the wishes of others to call a strike when the 49ers got fired for 'no particular reason'. They earn the most money and some are on wife No 4 etc etc and don't want to rock the boat. Not all though, many also support the 49ers and why do we need to distinguish? We will know where everyone stands soon enough.
Less now days though, as many are retiring and the younger guys who have signed up for a career want this and their dispicable management sorted out. I have heard, although i do not have first hand information about this; ND had to stop the younger guys from taking action at the wrong time they were so p*ssed with the situation. They say timing is everything and i have to agree with your statement about calling for action when the 49 got fired.
As for paying bills we all have them and they are all pressing. We have to make a moral choice and live with the consequences. There is nearly always an alternative and by rolling out the names of companies that have failed or laid off pilots only cheapens the argument to my mind. Just as many start up and if they do not, then one may have to have the balls to take a job outside of aviation until it improves. I did.
As juicy as a job may appear(and i would argue the point when it came to CX), i would not cross a picket line because undermines the profession - my profession and takes food from the mouths of other pilots families, but then that's just me.
As i and others have said, we have to look after our own. The beancounters certainly will not.

Aussie 1, have just read your post and yes you are quite right about Swires - hobnobbing it with the Royals whilst they run their grubby little sweatshop airline in Hong Kong, away from prying eyes. But not for long i'm assured.
The British press with all their faults adore hypocracy, especially from pompous arrogant businessmen who have a perchant for keeping the prols down in the mud. JHH must be an obvious target.
Certain things have been arranged - timing again, should they not come to the table and deal. Patience seems to be the key word here.
Management have been trying to appeal to our impatient natures as pilots with many attempts to muddy the waters and confuse the membership but it hasn't worked, has it shorty shortly?

Last edited by Munchkin; 2nd Sep 2002 at 23:25.