PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enough With The Scab Rehetoric!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2002, 22:54
aussie1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said,

but at the same time one must not forget that life if given employment with cathay would be difficult both in and outside the flight deck, given the fact that soon we will all be C and D scalers if management continues down this path.

What kind of a life would that lead too. Miserable, broke and unable to advance.

I am all for the union but there has to be some change in the way this matter has been dealt with.

Hopefully for yours and mine sake they get back to the table, stop acting childish (that goes for both sides), do some hard swallowing, some apologizing and some negotiating.

Question to y'all
Why isnt the Swire group getting any of the heat on this situation. They do own the company. They are a BRITISH company. What have the Brits done to this BRITISH company. Nothing.
There behaviour should be publicly announced and condemmed in the UK. There behaviour is a reflection of pure pommpous pricks. I am pretty sure swire does not treat its british counterpart in such a manner. .....Yes i know industrial laws are different in Hong kong. But the AOA should be concentrating there efforts to raise UK public awarness of these actions....more agressively..
get them to answer to the whole damm mess.
The AOA should file against the Swire group directly in the UK. Lets see what kind of excuse they hace, when asked about human rights and employee rights. I guess there shareholders may want to rethink there shareholding. I guess a communist type of systems is acceptable for British companies. One could presume that they are a bunch of commies
Hit them right where it hurts---- there image and there name.
If swire wants this could be ending tomorrow. Cathay does what swire allows them to do.

Last edited by aussie1; 2nd Sep 2002 at 23:09.