PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabes and pilots, don't panic it will work out.
Old 20th Sep 2001, 12:40
Crash Barrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IFR,
Forgive my ignorance, but surely this is a tad worse than the 'gulf-war', 'laker' situation ever was. I think you are being too optimistic. Look at the many thousands being laid off worldwide by this crisis, this is the single biggest blow the aviation community has ever faced. I have to agree with WWW's sentiments of wait and see, but I fear the situation will not improve for many, many years.

The talk of an upturn 'round the corner' surely is premature, what wannabes nead to hear is sound solid advice from people in the know (supposedly like you), before they shell out loads of money that they cannot afford to pay back.

Shame on you IFR, the bodies have not even been pulled out from the wreckage and already you forecast a climate of 'Oh it will pick up, I have seen it all before'

The truth is 'you have not' seen this before, the aviation community is left in tatters worldwide and in my opinion will not recover in the short term.