PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2011, 16:02
RockShock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RegDep

RegDep:

Yes, there are differences in the transcript that lead to the MAK psychology experts drawing premature conclusions in the part of the report that should talk about facts only. The differences are big enough to affluence the conclusion of the report: MAK report concludes that pressure and lack of decision to g/a in right time was decisive factor
In turn, from the Polish presentation it seems there was no pressure, the g/a was called in right moment (it was not executed but it was called for) and ATC provided wrong information for the airplane. That stands in contradiction to the conclusions of MAK - I'd say Polish report will point the g/a was not executed properly but was not due to the pressure or failure to call g/a, with a contributing factor of ATC reassuring the crew on the proper glidescope.

Now, I am not saying either side is right but Polish transcript makes a bit more sense to me and the part that caused MAK to draw conclusions about VVIP pressure etc now is a simple statement of the worsening weather - which turns all the psychology analysis of MAK into dust bin - provided the Poles are correct in reading the CVR.