PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Floods & MRH90
Thread: Floods & MRH90
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2011, 10:14
finestkind

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
HPT

If something is helpful and you haven’t got it isn’t that lacking?
More hair splitting. Isn’t NTM, not just pack you kit and go, about having the resources to do so?
My apologise for misinterpreting the below.
Quote:
They cannot just take off to give hand, with or without equipment.

Of cause they can. That is why they have a Commanding Officer and risk management profiles....''I'm sorry I can't get airborne to rescue the family on the roof in Oakey as CDF hasn't said I can....'' what a load of horse brasses! Why do we give people rank, command and authority if they cannot use common sense.

My experience and knowledge in risk management profiles is obviously seriously lacking. How do we do a RMP without knowledge of the area of operations, the number of assets involved, the conditions, threat, and actual target, the number of targets involved. I would have thought that there would have been a bit of planning and not just the CO has given the ok to go and said the risk is mitigated because we are saving lives.

No I have had the luxury of not having to place aircrew in a 50/50 situation. Does that mean I am not capable of doing so, basically who gives a flying f what I can or cannot do. What is your point? That you have been there and done that.
Fantastic well done and congratulations if you have and I sincerely mean that.

However if you have all this knowledge and experience why are you bothering posting here and not being pro active and sorting out the mess?