PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting that first 1000 hours when your country has zero GA
Old 24th Jan 2011, 08:57
jackcarls0n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
superstorm is right...

the job thing is bad every where, the aviation sector being hurt pretty bad, the hour building is not as easy. Out here (my place) pilots are well respected, but suddenly, better loan systems, the phillipines had brought in a lot of pilots and even in india and other countries have a lot of newbies (the 20 yo dudes). Though the simple rule going on right now is supply is more then demand.

My country, the trend has completely been destroyed by this, earlier it was airline coming to hire even before you came back with a license from another country and now its all the way around. You pay for your own TR and then work for free and no hope of logging more then 200-500 hours. Turns out the money spent on TR, the interest on it is less then your salary, so you end up losing money.

Well, since your an CFI, i guess you can help people who have FAA license in ur region to keep it current by doing BFR, IPC etc. All you would need would be an aircraft and a proper license to fly it.