PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Flying School's Starting To Pick-Up Too?
Old 24th Jan 2011, 08:55
jez d

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
re EASA FCL

forgive my ignorance, i have just been reading up on this. what are the implications on FI once this comes into force. just glancing through the document it appears that a lapl or ppl holder will be able to instruct at the level to which he/she is qualified. A ppl holder instructing for financial reward in effect! i take it an instructor rating will be required on top of!!

your thoughts??
The ppl holder will also have to have gain CPL theoretical knoweldge and an instructor rating so not much different from the current status quo.

JB007, I visited a few ppl schools on the south coast last week and none of them are recruiting currently. In fact the situation looks a little grim. Aside from the usual seasonal factors (bad weather, students paying off yuletide debts and consequently booking less lessons), one thing that struck me was that there were fewer week day bookings than normal. It would appear that students are concerned about their jobs and so taking less time off during the week, choosing instead to cram their training over the weekends. The other factor is of course the rising cost of fuel. I saw £1.96 per litre at one airfield

Despite the doom and gloom posted elsewhere on pprune, airlines do appear to be slowly upping their recruitment drives, and so, as Mickey and Mike rightly point out, instructors are starting to move on. If you give it six months I think your chances of finding an FI job will be quite high, but your chances at the moment (for the south coast at least) are pretty slim.

Regards, jez