PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 24th Jan 2011, 07:16
bjork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buyer Beware

Hey Debbieieitaly, age does not matter. I was second oldest in my training group at 41, and there was someone in my group who was in late 40's. They employ for attitude not age. To set a couple of things straight that i have read from wannabes, firstly they will only be flying to L.A and Dhubai, Joburg & Phuket is been scrapped come Feb 2011 (so only 2 destinations) and believe me its quite boring once you have been to the same place about 20 times. Secondly, not sure where hotel in Dhubai is, but travel time from L.A airport to hotel is approx 45 min - 1 hour.
V Australia is not all they are cracked up to be. They parade just about everyone bar the janitor through the door during training, telling you and promising you the world, ie support understanding etc, but its a CROCK. The management dont really give a crap about the cabincrew, the ones they do care about or pay any interest in are the ones who are in the office all the time, dobbing in & ratting out all the other cabin crew. They say in training that this is not true and that promotion is based on achievement but i have been at V for over a year & it has the worst culture in regards to what they promise & what they actually deliver.
Oh and they have a department called CCOS which are all former cabin crew. They are supposed to be there to help & support the cabin crew, but when you ring them they ask you for your staff number o& then everything you say is recorded & sent to your manager. I know because i had some problems with a Flight Manager and a particulary bad flight & my manager was NO SUPPORT at all. This company has some fantastic cabin crew, but BEWARE, there are a lot of dobbers online, who will tell your manager if you even say anything remotely negative about another cabin crew member or Cabin Leader or Flight Manager. I left a low cost domestic carrier, ha any guesses who, and i gotta say that i regreat the day i ever left them to work at VA.. BIG MISTAKE. They were much more supportive than VA have ever been. Oh and the CCDMs get on here just to see whats been said, cos they have nothing better to do than sit on there fat bhinds and try to find fault with individuals. Some of the best Crew that i work with are on first written warnings, or first and final written warnings for the most trivial stuff... I WOULD STEER CLEAR OF WORKING FOR THIS AIRLINE.... THEY SUCK