PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaz Bennett AAC - In Memoriam
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2002, 21:04
TqNrT4NgGreenlightCWP

Gaz Bennett AAC - In Memoriam

It is with the deepest regret that I pass on the tragic news that Gaz Bennett, late AAC, has passed away suddenly.

Gaz was out jogging near his home in Worcestershire last Friday, when he collapsed with a brain haemorrhage. His wishes were respected in that his organs have been donated, and he was pronounced dead on Saturday morning. He was 42. He leaves a wife, Sara, and two sons, Adam and Sam.

Gaz was a Royal Artillery Lance Bombardier when I first knew him - we were both Acm(O) together in 664 Sqn, Minden. He went on to become a well respected Lynx Pilot and Aircraft Commander. Those who knew him in 655 would recall that he was 'Mr RNS252', and always willing to help those new to the beastie.

He left the service two years ago, and was flying for the County Air Ambulance, twin based at both Strensham Services on the M5, and at RAF Cosford.

The funeral is on Friday 6 September, at Birlingham Parish Church, Nr Pershore in Worcestershire, at 1215. Again, Gaz's wishes were known in that he did not want any military uniforms at his funeral - please respect that if you do wish to attend and pay your respects. All are welcome. Sara, his wife, has asked that flowers come from family only; however there will be a collection in the church in aid of the County Air Ambulance.

For the geographically non-gifted, take J7 on the M5 (if coming from the North) and follow A44 SE'ly to Pershore. Then take A4014 SW'ly towards Defford. Take a left turn onto the B4080, and Birlingham is a left turn shortly after joining that road. From South, take J8 M5, J1 M50, N on A38, right onto A4014 towards Pershore, then as above.

Nothing else to say really, is there? Whatever I put here will be inadequate.

(Posted on both Rotorheads and Mil Aircrew for wide dissemination - please do not merge!)