PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is RACWA on finals? YOU WERE WARNED!!
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2011, 00:24
Wiley Coyote

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure aeromuz you sound like a proffessional and possible career instructor. You are indeed a rare individual from my observations.

During my trianing I had at least 4-5 different instructors. Each was no better than the other. No slight against them, they were young, immature and most importantly weren't being mentored. Its not the instructors that let themselves down, it was the RACA system. As the instructors develop, Gr 3 -2-1 I wonder how much of those develop as service providers, or ow many continue down the path of oblivion beleiving their own press.

My instructors didn't understand some basic principles of customer service, which they indeed were there to provide. Again, i wonder how much time is given to the instructors, instructing them on etiquette, tardiness, respect and some good old fashioned values. Life skills doesn't come easy to some, but shouldn't RACWA be training proffessionals "people", not just proffessional instructors.

As for todays instructors. I ask you all how many of you:
Are left waiting for your instructors on a regular basis even though they are in the building ?
Stand around waiting for your instructor after you pre-flight the aircraft,
Are left waiting for your instructor to arrive on time ??