PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Floods & MRH90
Thread: Floods & MRH90
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 23:28
finestkind

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
HPT

Hmm maybe I am incorrect but it seems to me that the tone of your post is that without operational experience a persons experience and professionalism is lacking.

You sound like one of my old FLTCDR when giving reasons as to why crew, that were not part of his purple circle, could not do an Op i.e “you haven’t done this before so you haven’t got the experience to do it (how does one get the experience) Or you’ve done this before, we need to give someone who hasn’t done it a go”.

If they are not on NTM then the ADF must be a most effective fighting force....?!
I am sorry but I just don’t get your point. Do you believe the ADF should always be on NTM. When this occurs assets are set aside to be utilised if called upon. We do not have enough shiny toys or personal to set aside for all the ADF to be on NTM whilst carryout other duties. There are areas that have a certain amount of ready to go stuff but from the aviation side if you wish for this capability we probably need to double our strength in a lot of areas.

The point made (or was it an opinion) was weather and deconfliction not clearance or authorisation.
Are you suggesting that weather and deconfliction has nothing to do with authorisation or clearances? Well my lack of operational experience is certainly showing as in all my flying authorisation and clearances always, as main brief points, had significant relevance on weather and deconfliction.

No, just stay at home, don't respond to the non-existent call out system, don't bother being proactive.

Proactive, lovely word. Shall we invade China?

There is a recall list which all personal are on, which is significantly different to a NTM.

Apologise for thread creep and dick swinging