PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice required...torch to fit in flying suit
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 20:53
heights good

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rigger1 - Can I suggest you step down from your soapbox.

My underpants are not cleared to fly in as they don't feature in any RTS, neither is my nav bag, lip light, pens, pencils, nomex gloves, go-bag, windproof smock, shemagh, name badge, sqn badge, my rank slides and so the list goes on...........

This pales into insignificance when Squaddies get on with EVERYTHING you could possibly imagine and leave it behind! I have found, condoms (unused), pick-axes, torches, phones, radios, mud, ammunition, grenades, hexi stoves, a dog (not joking), weapons, smocks, glasses, boxes, ammo tins, knives, fire extinguisher, bergans, webbing, day sacks, strops, nets, MRE's and so this list goes on as well........

Short version, it's not black and white. in the rotary world EVERYTHING comes onto the aircraft AND gets left behind and is not cleared within and RTS. Are you seriously suggesting that we don't fly these people and their various bit and pieces of equipment as its not cleared for flying in?

As your name suggests you are from the groundcrew environment can i be so bold as to request you stick to your own area of expertise (which may indeed be airworthiness) and try not to tell aircrew how to do their job as some of the kit that is issued is just not fit for purpose for various reasons.

Last edited by heights good; 23rd Jan 2011 at 20:55. Reason: Spelling mistook