PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SDSR Revisited ?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 20:39
Guzlin Adnams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trust....never.

My daughter's in an ATC Sq and their flying time has been cut by 75%. She's only 16 and upset as she doesn't think that she'll get her chance to experience flight with the RAF now. Moral is very low generally on the Sq.
Only a small unit as things go but to hear what some of the guys and girls are saying about what's happening and their opinions about today's politicians, whatever the colour is very eye-opening.
Only a very small story but there's an underlying feeling that I'm picking up. Politicians need to be very careful from now on. There's no trust.
The thing is, is this country actually worth fighting for as things are? I've heard so many people asking this question in my travels. Does the population care if we don't have any armed forces? I take my hat to the RAF, indeed to all armed forces personel for somehow not telling our leaders to f--k off (please excuse) when they want blood to be spilled or to a lesser extent snow cleared, civil emergency work carried out etc. You're being abused. I'm now starting a second bottle. Good luck...