PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eventually!
Thread: Eventually!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2002, 19:19
Piper Warrior Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eventually!

Well, its been a few months now since i was due to start my PPL. I had my trial flight which got me addicted to flying, even though ive already flew lots of times in light aircraft in the fast, the trouble is i didnt have the money to fee my addiction. Then a stroke of luck, i was offered a job at a hospital cleaning and handing out meals (crap job but not bad for a 16 year old student). But then i enrolled at college and was told that i would not have time to get to work by the time i finished college so i had to quit my job, and ofcourse my aspirations of starting my PPL. But now ive been asked tonight if i would like a weekend job at the hospital and that means i can now START MY PPL. YYAAAAHHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newcastle here we go. It should be the end of october when i start now but i cant wait.

I honestly thought i might have to wait 2 years to begin but now its PPL then Career Development Loan at 18 or 19 as well as full time job at Airprt, hopefully, and all i can say is 'British Airways here i come'.

Sorry to blabber on but a couple of hours ago my flying dream was on hold for a few years but now only...well not even a few month.

regards

p.s. I was at Newcastle Airport today (EGNT) and i heard that Prince Charles was flying in, does anyone know if he did or not. One minute i was sitting on a chair and the next, this old geezer came up to me and said 'have you seen anything of Prince Charles?'.......weird