PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 11:00
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The major shareholders are the management, are they not? The company has billions in the bank despite/because of a recession and as a reward for treating its staff and passengers with contempt.

How rich do they need to be? And at what social cost? These people, especially MOL, are the embodiment of capitalist greed. Praising them for being good businessmen is like praising corrupt Third World politicians for increasing the wealth of their friends and family at the expense of the poor.

That's why nobody is proud of working for the company and would leave if there were anywhere they could go. There is no exodus because there are few options...yet.
I'm not going to disagree with any of that, but that is exactly how RYR operate and they're making money for themselves, which is the point of any company.

I don't like how many of the staff are treated and so don't work for them.
However, it doesn't mean that you cannot look from afar and if you take emotion out of it, you have to have respect for what RYR (and that includes the whole team) has achieved in 15 years.

Only a fool dismisses success just because it goes against your morals. I don't like how RYR have done many things, but that doesn't mean that I cannot respect their business acumen. Like and respect are 2 different things.