PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is RACWA on finals? YOU WERE WARNED!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 09:56
MooneyManiac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's Try and Save It

I've been a member for around 30 years. For the past 5 or so, I have watched in dismay as the Club lurched from one disaster to another. Most of the old Committee were a bunch of egomaniacs hell bent on making a name for themselves. Well they certainly succeeded but not in the way they would have liked. I for one would like to see the Club survive and from what I see of the new Committee, they are a collection of people with the will and the skill to do it. They need to downsize the staff and get rid of around half of the aircraft. That'd be a start. Selling MURRAYFIELD would also help and with a lot of hard work and strong cost control, I'm sure it could be saved. I really hope so. The big problem facing any Club, is that even if the current management can extricate it from the mire, a new management team could come in after the next AGM and screw it all up again. Problem is, next time MURRAYFIELD may not be there to save their bacon. I kinda feel sorry for the committee and CEO having to clean up after the incompetence of the previous lot.

Last edited by MooneyManiac; 23rd Jan 2011 at 09:57. Reason: Typo