PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex Interview & Sim Ride 2011
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 09:23
Altimeters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can confirm it is the 340 now. Pretty sure it's still much the same as it was over the last couple of years. Take off 16 out of ML few steep turns/intercepts of the ADF then an EN NDB with a direct entry. Reposition for the 16 ILS at ML.

If there's 2 of you in there then help the other person out if he/she needs it. It shows good CRM and working well together.

The saab itself is VERY touchy. The power levers are VERY sensitive and easy to over temp the engines. Overall though remember it is just a computer and only responds to the inputs that you make. If you get the pilot induced dutch rolls then let go of the controls to let it sort itself out then take it from there.

Also it will always look like you're high on slope when you look "outside". Don't be tempted to pull the nose up as this will actually leave you high. Instead of being 90% outside and 10% inside reverse it for the sim and it usually works out.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. If there's anything else I remember I'll post it later. Hope it helps. Good Luck!