PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 08:27
six-sixty

Location: European Administrative Area (Western District and Islands)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, parking the pay issue and the smoke and mirrors/spin about fixing lates/earlies, everyone needs to know that accepting this and locking in the scheduling agreement for 5 years will mean when/if Subpart Q comes is implemented, THE COMPANY CAN MAKE US WORK 40% HARDER DAILY AND NOT HAVE TO PAY US A PENNY FOR IT. Thinks about how tired you are in the summer anyway. Imagine that with 7.5 hours min rest added in. If anyone thinks the company aren't salivating over this then they are stupid and naiive. There won't be a damned thing we can do about it, because some guys decided they really needed a £600 (before tax) holiday pay bribe, which they'll probably have to give us anyway.

Flyingbed, I don't think the dark sinister hints at redundancy that have kept us heads bowed till now will wash much anymore. If we're overcrewed now it's because we're needed for expansion plans. Flybe wouldn't carry extra fat just to be kind to us, I have seen no evidence of such altruism at this company! A redundancy program would be costly in itself. To be honest if things carry on going the way they are and the industry changes this job the way they want to then I'll be getting out anyway, and I'm not the only one. The risk/responsibility/reward ratios are too high already.