PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 08:21
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just some problems with routes:

Monarch- doonly seem to want to serve GIB from LTN/MAN. Took them years to get MAN back, and when they dont even serve BHX/LGW from GIB, BOH is a bit further down the list.
Also, Id be very very surprised if CUN made an appearance at BOH, but AGP is do-able

Easyjet-will not expand from the ski routes at BOH. Only MAN/LGW have been singled out for substantial growth in the UK.

Ryanair- the routes mentioned could happen. The only one on your list I see as being a 'realistic' option

Thomson- apart from cruise charters, will not operate LH at BOH. Also, they dont serve FLL from the mega bases of MAN/LGW, so why would you expect it from BOH? Have a look at their route structure, if it isnt served from either MAN or LGW, then it wont be served from anywhere else.
I can see some expansion of Euro routes from TOM, as they do seem to support the smaller airports (DSA/EXT and in the past, CVT), but like I say, apart from cruise traffic, Longhaul wont be a feature from them in the long term.

Thomas cook- are handing back some A330's, so that means long haul consolidation elsewhere. Really, the same applies here as Thomson. Thomas cook also have no long haul from BHX, which has a larger base and larger population, so again, you have to question why, if this is the case, BOH will be given LH routes.

Sorry if Ive been a little harsh, but no point getting hopes up for something that will not happen for a long long time, if ever.