PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all EK pilots who have previously flown in the UK.
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 08:07
iabudkcuf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blightly

I'm not from the UK but nearby.
I'll try to give you some insights:
Concerning relocation and settling it all depends on luck.
This is the the worst part. If you are lucky may be you get some decent accommodation if you are not you might regret your move big time.
There are some horror show stories about people that had their life destroyed due to accommodation issues one way or the other.
Any small problem can become a nightmare and beware of complaining. Anyway unless you take the allowance you will not be in the position to choose. They will give you whatever is avalaible.
Forget about commuting. You can get some 24hrs layovers at times if you fly Boeing otherwise forget about it.
If I was paying my national pension I would cost me half of what I earn So for me is impossible. The prevident fund is just bull****. Almost 5 years in the company and I have 55000 USD on it.
A few runners from time to time and some early change of mind.
Regrets? Well when I join I was unemployed so it was a desperate move but if I had a job..no way. No law, no rights. Take it or leave it.and I will leave it as soon as I can.

keep discovering