PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Floods & MRH90
Thread: Floods & MRH90
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 07:15
Hydraulic Palm Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ftrplt - nice handle. Done much operational work yourself apart from airshows.....? Now that's a POINTed question!

Of course I expect the whole of the ADF to be on NTM, whether its a VHR of 60 mins or 3 months, everybody has to be on a NTM of some kind.

Again, the weather on the day of the Lockyer Valley flash floods was so poor that I doubt any more airborne support could have been provided over and above the support that WAS provided - Sea Kings and Blackhawks.
According to the RAN CDR on TV this morning the viz was 800m, so really not that bad and as for deconfliction, there were a few more assets than 4 operating over central Baghdad and it seemed to be manageable; perhaps you juts haven't had the experiences to coordinate and deconflict appropriately.

You also seem to be able to quote current doctrine quite well, obviously been to Staff College. Its a shame that the doctrine didn't meet the operational requirement; not doubt the LI Team will be updating the books over the next decade....!

I hope you don't quote ''but the doctrine doesn't let us do that'' when the Chinese come over the fence!

Last edited by Hydraulic Palm Tree; 23rd Jan 2011 at 07:39.