PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Valve cap missing
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 05:25
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 144 Likes on 103 Posts
" ive also spotted a major hydraulic leak on a A321 wheel that the highly paid pilots and engineers had missed."

Hitcher,

Let me offer you a " beginners guide to line maintenance".

Engineers and F/D are human beings, thus sometimes we make mistakes and miss things...rare, but it happens....with me so far ?...so, jet arrives on stand and stays there all night...long after the walk round is completed, a small leak develops..as warm seals "shrink" and possibly fail....worn tyres...said jet arrives on stand and stops...unlike Aunty Betty's flying club who stop, have a quick look round and then trundle a bit further thus allowing all of the tyre area to be inspected. Now, if said jet is moved from the stand to a remote area, and there was a skid mark / cut on the area it was standing on previously, nobody would have seen it until it was moved....still with it ?...in essence, all is not what it seems....to the untrained eye.

Now, as others have said, flight safety is integral to the occupation...and if we get a report from some well meaning person about seeing what they think may be a problem, strangely, those who you see fit to denegrate based on your own ( limited, albeit non existent ) knowledge tend to take a look to make sure....99 times out of a 100 mean anything to you ?.

However, you are on very, very thin ice when you decide to embark on your own quest for glory and proceed to start "inspecting" and subsequently insulting the integrity of engineers and F/D based on what is clearly an ego boosting excerise....your first name isn't Walter by any chance ?....

A little music for your iPod next time you do an "inspection".... or play with MS Sim...

YouTube - YouTube - The Great Pretender-The Platters(1956)

sycamore.......ok, I take your point, but like Turin, I am still er, confused as it were.....however, what does intrigue me is that we come from the same HM background....to me it's a primary seal..to you, it isn't...there again, HM flying club, despite it's expertise in many areas, has been known to cause confusion to all it's members over the years....

Last edited by Krystal n chips; 23rd Jan 2011 at 07:28.