PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun Season 2010-2011-2012
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 03:50
darkroomsource

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
o I guess it will be the bus then. Just have to finish my last atp in JHB before I go. Darkroomsource I was just asking if someone did it recently and had good advice traveling there. Ive flown there and been there, my hour hour building is complete so I just want a economical way to get there. Thanx for the advice anyway, at least you posted. BTW are you going to nam? I was thinking bout going there, know some people.
Yes Windhoek first, then probably Swakopmund, and maybe over to Maun. Taking intercape, change bus in uppington (I think that's the place), a/c, reclining seats, and looks like it would cost about the same as the bus through francistown, but maybe more than direct gabs-maun bus.
As to someone who's done it recently, there's some in the threads who have, plus there's a guy who's got it on video, he took a combi from jo'berg to gabs, then bus to maun.
My gut is telling me to go to Namibia. Maybe it's because I like German food? Maybe because it's a little cooler? Maybe because it's 210's instead of 206's. Although I hear (actually read) that it's less hours and less pay.
You know they're hiring new CPLs in Madagascar, right? You should check out air madagascar, online, there their phone number and give them a ring, see if they've filled up yet, or if you have a chance.