PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 01:09
largegeorgejones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with all the points listed above. I think anyone with a brain can see that this is a half hearted offer from the company, which by the way was to be expected. Jim doesn't want to spend money if he doesn't have to. No business man would. Always start bartering at a low level. Everyone knows that. Low costs makes a lean mean money making machine which is the goal. It isn't good enough thou. They can afford to do more for us and we would not be unreasonable to ask for it given the companies success, comparable industry standards and fair remuneration for what we do (the principal of the matter). Anybody voting FOR this is quite simply mental! It is a poor offer and as usual full of untruths or rather cleverly worded/constructed figures to hide the inadequacies of the offer, in short, trying to pull the wool over our eyes. So in the spirit of bartering we must decline and be prepared to walk away.

So what can WE do about this to ensure that everyone with BALPA voting rights in Flybe sees the offer for what it is?

As BALPA say, the only way we will achieve anything more from the company is by "demonstrating solid industrial strength". I suggest we all spread the word at work and share the opinions voiced here in the cockpit. Why not actively point people to this thread? We all have i phones (other types of smart phones will do too!) to use on turn arounds to show people this stuff!! All thoughts are on here and I think this gives a fair representation of the offer.

Remember the other important points to pass on:

The company is renowned for holding out till the very last hour in any negotiations. They won't budge until they see that they are backed into a corner. This has been proved time and time again.

You have nothing to loose by endorsing any industrial action. NOTHING! You will still get a command, you will still be able to get anther job, you will still be treated in exactly the same way by the likes of management, rostering and crewing.

One last thing. Jim if you are reading this, look after us and remunerate us to an acceptable level and engage in a program of improving our lifestyle, we will reward you in positive advertising to friends family and others in the industry, high levels of customer service for those that pay all our wages, as much fuel saving as you desire, pride in our company and work, goodwill in getting the job done and a happy environment. If you do not we will all loose.