PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2011, 23:00
tobias118118

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

apologies if this has already been covered or if it is completely irrelevant but I saw this thread and it reminded me of something someone mentioned and I keep meaning to find out more about it. I am currently doing a type rating with my first airline so don't know much about this area but during a CRM course the instructor was talking about the Operational Flight Data Monitoring system and how it instantaneously alerts a land based computer system when an aircraft exceeds its limitations, such as flap exceedance speeds. He briefly mentioned AF 447 afterwards but I only caught the last few words. To cut to the chase, is it true/possible that Air France will have an idea of the situation of the aircraft immediately prior to its crash as a result of the OFDM system highlighting the parameters that were exceeded? If so with the data the OFDM provides (I'm not sure what information this is) do you think Air France have a pretty good inclination into the cause of the crash? The only things I caught when he mentioned AF 447 was that the information Air France had from OFDM would never be released to the public.

Thanks