PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Photos
Thread: Bristow Photos
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2011, 21:03
charmansugg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

Hi,
This is Angie Sugg nee Charman, daughter of Phil Charman who was an Engineer (amongst other things) at Redhill from 1966 to 2001. I was also at Redhill from 1997 to 2000 in Logistics in Hangar 7. We both got made redundant when Logistics moved to ABZ.
We have just spent the last 3 hours looking through these photo's, with Dad naming about 50% of the people in the photo's and telling a story of many of the aircraft and people!
I've sent him home now, we got to about page 60. I am sure he'll be looking at the rest when he gets home.
He frequents the BOGS gatherings and still see's quite a few people from Bristows (most of whom take great pleasure in telling me they remember me in nappies as Dad used to take me in when I was little).
It was inevitable I would end up working there as I grew up with Bristows being a big part of my life, taking my first Helicopter flight when I was 4, in a S61 to Southampton from Redhill. Eventually, during an AOG handcarry of a px switch to Bangladesh, my ultimate moment was flying down it's West coast from Dhaka to Chitttagong, again in a S61.
I have many photo's, mainly taken over the 8 or so years I was a handler during the British Grand Prix at Silverstone. I will try and post some at some point but I'm afraid I won't be able to tell many stories, hopefully Dad will get on here one day and be able to tell you some.
He sends his regards to anyone that remembers him, as do I.
Angie