PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeppesen plates and new minima
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2011, 15:22
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the answers, guys. I think that answers my first and second questions perfectly.

Still waiting for an answer to my third question. Now that you've confirmed that the minima for a NPA will be called a DA(H), perhaps those approaches for which a CDFA can not be flown will still be published with a MDA(H), with the 200m/400m added on already? That would make sense to me.... but as we know, what makes sense and what we get aren't always the same. If anyone can find such an approach with "Standard" minima on the plate and let me know that would be greatly appreciated.

Bfisk - I work for a flying school, not an AOC operator. It's not mandatory for us to follow EU-OPS, although we tend to do so when it's appropriate. Up until now, we haven't taught or flown CDFAs (and there is no requirement for us to do so), but we will start teaching them soon. The reason I'm asking the question is a) because I'm working on SOPs for CDFA approaches, and need to make sure our OM and SOPs are clear, and b) I need to produce training materials for my instructor colleagues and my students which is clear, unambiguous and correct.

Thanks again for the help.

FFF
------------