PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1time resignations
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2011, 15:16
darkroomsource

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think anyone is leaving or getting upset just because of crewmeals. That said, the quality and amount of the food is atrocious: 1 hot meal of questionable quality (sometimes inedible) loaded for an 11 hour duty day, but if you have more than a 1h30 turnaround anywhere forget a crewmeal. You can go into the terminal and buy it yourself. You wait for 30 minutes after being away from home on a 3 day for the bus to take you to Ops to sign-off. You may only get 1 weekend off per month (if you are lucky) on a 75 to 90 hour roster. Not a problem if you are single, but a big issue if you have a wife and kids. How about leave not getting approved for months on end, or having to apply for leave now for next year already...otherwise you don't get leave! What about the pathetic flight-watch system that gets treated (illegally) like a home-reserve until the pilot in question puts his foot down? What about being delayed day after day and recieving endless duty changes whilst trying to live your life? Are these issues not worth getting worked up about? Of course not, beacause I will be leaving within the next year because I am not having fun at all. Some folks will come with me.
Seriously? This is what you're leaving for?
Get a job working in a grocery store. Or in a restaurant, or as a medical intern in a hospital (after 7 years of univeristy, by the way), or an entry level programmer, or anything else you can think of.
When you start out, you can't expect to be at the top of the heap, and companies everywhere will treat you like dirt.