PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson R44
Thread: Robinson R44
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2011, 11:16
Runway101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't remember where I read that, possibly here on pprune, but I was under the impression that before the Nomex letter was released by RHC somebody was in the process of taking them to court over an accident. It may also have been at the RHC safety course.

Maybe, and this is pure speculation, this legal issue resulted into the need for these bladder tanks now. We all know how difficult it is to insure an aviation company, remember what happened to that carburetor company that went out of business a few years ago, just because they couldn't afford insurance (not that they would have been sued by anyone, but they were just making carburetors for Lycoming engines and that was considered high risk by insurance companies).

I vaguely remember the story of Frank ordering and testing the samples of the flight suite, including putting them into the sun for weeks, then deciding to sell one single color for some specific reason. Must have been Tim Tucker at the safety course who was telling this story...