PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Advice Please!
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2011, 23:08
ANW1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi NewKid

Thanks for your reply. Interesting to hear from you, as you're the only other I've come across that failed in the same way!

What's your thoughts behind 'now is the time to train'? I'm no expert myself, but from what I'm reading/hearing, if I were to start the course in 12 months time in Oxford and come out mid-2013, it seems as good a time as any.

Personally the armed forces would be an honour and a privilege - those guys do a great job out there. However, family reasons mean it would never be possible and isn't an option.

With people in general, I'd say (without being big-headed) I'm ok. I'm a friendly kind of guy that likes meeting new people etc. However, I don't think the leadership came out on the day for a few reasons; one being there were some very big characters in my group, and it started to feel more like a competition which obviously it is not. I'm better with people on a one-to-one basis, as showed in my interview score.

A PPL in sunny Florida sounds very appealing! Would it be of any benefit at this stage though, considering the cost? The modular option is the back-up plan should Oxford not materialise...

Thanks