PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can someone explain why the MRA4 has been cancelled before we screw up big time.
Old 21st Jan 2011, 16:50
davejb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dunno,
I'm not sure it's down to the ethnicity of the population - it's not uncommon to find those who do not appear overly British hued to be more British than the native British. I think it's more general than that - we are training our population, via TV, to have an ever decreasing ability to concentrate and think things through, which makes it easier for each successive government to pull a fast one as less and less of the population is capable of spotting the bit when they start dealing seconds.

Which kind of leads into the bit I'll bite on, as an ex-aircrew type now firmly esconced in a second career in teaching....

thanks to our dysfunctional education system
It's not the teachers, per se, who keep messing things up - it's (a) politicians, who decide that what we really need is some 'new initiative', and (b) all the people who got out of classrooms as fast as they could, and became minor functionaries empowered to direct education, I would contend that the people best suited to decide 'what works' are those who have decided to stay in the classroom doing the job. Considering how long schools have been around it's amazing that every ten years or so the whole system is deemed to require a complete overhaul.

Anyhow....

else appear dinosaur-esk
should be 'dinosauresque' ... so write out 100 times

'I wil spel things corektli in fyewchair, or wot hope iz thur four mankynd?'

Cutting up MRA4 - it's hard to argue about something that cannot be changed, pure, simple, and typically devious.

Dave

(Edited, of course, for spelling!)