PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Command or go for a play around the world as an F/O?
Old 21st Jan 2011, 16:13
Bokkenrijder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you wanna be a contractor for your whole life, strolling around the earth, seeing lots of places and companies, just never a really good one, or do you want to be part of one of the majors in Europe, and be able to built a stable home life?
Correct Studi, I couldn't agree more!

zerotohero,

My two cents: don't listen too much to the people encouraging you to go for a command. These are the same people who led you into this dead end street in the first place: low-cost airlines!

Grab the chance to join a quality airline, these chances don't pop up every day, as opposed to DEC contract jobs which are plentyful.

I frequently meet up with ex-EZY colleagues who are now trapped in the LHS; addicted to the money and unable to swallow their pride and take a pay cut to go to the RHS of a quality airline. It takes a lot of discipline to keep telling yourself that you're only staying for 1000 or 2000 hours in the LHS and then leave.

Most can't do it and end up stuck in the LHS and stuck in the merry-go-round of mediocre airlines with mediocre T&C's who take in DEC's until they decide to leave again for the next "less brown" pasture.