PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Command or go for a play around the world as an F/O?
Old 21st Jan 2011, 15:46
Unregistered737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Command at FR....are you serious?!

Come on... you have been in the company 3/4 years now and you are wondering whether or not to take command. Listen to all those guys in the LHS b**tching and moaning about the company....do you want to be like that in 30 yrs time because you actually found it hard to leave once you were earning 90k (thats an FO's salary at BA after 10yrs!)

I am in exactly the same boat as you and I am not going to go for the command. Life in FR is great as an FO there is no doubt but as soon as you get that extra stripe your done for. Try moving on from FR in a few years down the line...you will be at the bottom of a seniority list and no doubt have to go back to being an FO and by that point your probably going to have more responsibilities mortgage/life/family/friends and at the point it becomes harder to leave.

if you are less than 30 jump ship now and you will have a good career with an airline that values you rather than s**ts on you. There are captains who have been in the company 10yrs plus get treated the same as a DEC with a month in the company. Do you really want that? Personally I want to be appreciated for the work i do and not become a glorified/underpaid bus driver.

At the end of the day its your decision and asking ppruners to make that decision for you isn't going to help. Look how many different mixed messages this thread has created.

Sit down and take some time to think what YOU want out of YOUR career.

U737