PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa A343 Diversion to Dubrovnik (Non Double Engine Failure?)
Old 21st Jan 2011, 14:48
Annex14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
translation

wozzo
Quote:
"I clearly saw smoke coming from the engine. The plane made some loops over the Adriatic Sea." (...) Lufthansa was according to Peeters very vague about the cause of the smoke. "Something would have gone wrong in the kitchen where meals are heated. But I think there was more to it. The pilot had two of the four engines off. Therefore it seemed we were floating. Everyone held his breath. We obviously have done some prayers."
Source:
Noodlanding vliegtuig met bisschop Punt erin Archief 2011 [Actualiteit | Katholiek Nederland]

I checked the translation and it is except for some wrong choosen words correct.
The loops of course were some circles over the adriatic sea.
What he left out is Mr. Peeters also reported to that Catholic Press office in the Netherlands, that fuel was dumped and that it was an impressive sight of which he took some pictures with his mobile phone.
Instead of using the word floating he should have used the word soaring / gliding.

It obviously was an normal landing at DBV and the passengers arrived at Addis Ababa one day late.
Forget about the prayers, a good catholic has to say something like that ??

By the way I am married to a Dutch girl since 48 years, thatīs why !
Jo