PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Advice Please!
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2011, 13:45
ANW1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Oxford Advice Please!

I recently attended Oxford’s skills assessment process. I failed the group exercise section of day 2 . However, I passed all other elements with respectable scores. I have been invited to retake the said failed section within 3 months.

My psychological profile came out as ‘some concerns’ around the aspect of team leadership. I was advised it was the team leadership aspect of the group exercise that I could improve on, so these match up quite accurately.

In my opinion, I know I have team leadership in me, and could make a good shot of it when I return. However, this maybe didn’t show on the day and only have myself to blame .

My question (finally!) is…looking to the future, will airline employers look at a failed first skills assessment negatively? Would this affect employability at the end of an APPFO course? Also I have read an article from someone who was required to waiver the skills guarantee Oxford offer due to major concerns over his psychological profile. I wouldn’t say mine were highlighted as major, but there were ‘some concerns’ which they were willing to overlook. Would I be asked to waiver the skills guarantee?

Finally, in all honesty, am I cut out for this career? I am only 22 years of age, so believe I can develop my team leadership skills which were the only thing missing at the assessment.

This is a question based around the fact that (God forbid) I pass the retake.

Thanks in advance