PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety Pilot?
Thread: Safety Pilot?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2011, 12:14
AvEnthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safety Pilot?

I know this topic has been discussed probably hundred times. and going through several discussion even got more confused. Thus I need to reclarify everything.

- One can act as safety pilot only when the other is doing IR currency or practice beyone Dual required instructional IR time!?
- The Safety pilot can log those hours only as PIC VFR not intrument!?
- The safety pilot does not log the landings. he just leaves that column blank.
- Can safety pilot log cross-country time or no not at all. even if the other one is flying simulated IFR cross country flight?
- And you need to log less than the total flight time since you are not doing the T/O and Landing, then how do you show the time you enter the actual times of starting and stoping or you put the times you started as when the other one goes under hood?
- Or you can still log it even if it's cross country if you don't ATPL and can be considred time builting toward ATP.

What happens when you have FI but your FI license doesn't have let's say c-152 rating you have only c-172 on your FI but you have C-152 rating on your CPL/IR and happen to fly with a student. You can't log insturctional as you don't have c-152 rating on your FI (the case in philippines) and if you log Safety pilot what if it was xc flight.

- And is this only FAA accepted thing or no it's accepted in some other countries of CAA as well.
Actually here in philippines CPL holders just fly with others as safety pilot on any kind of flights not necessarily Insturment. So I would like to know how is it possible to log those hours and they can be counted and be legitimate.

Last edited by AvEnthusiast; 21st Jan 2011 at 12:39.