PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice required...torch to fit in flying suit
Old 21st Jan 2011, 11:17
NutLoose

Received 2,934 Likes on 1,250 Posts
I actually use one of these as an Engineer, might be a bit tight though diameter wise, it is LED so you can forget changing bulbs, batteries are 3 x LR1 (N) ( last for ever) but it runs on an alternate of 2 AAA batteries, cheap and pretty bullet proof I removed the hanging ring from mine. Very good illumination on it too. Might not look a lot but trust me it gets some serious abuse and has never failed, even dropped it off a building and it still works. Will never go back to overpriced maglights again.

RS | Tools and Tool Storage | Handlamps and Torches | Torches | Pocket & Pen - LED

failing that what about something like these, though I have no experience of them.

Unilite | Tools and Tool Storage | Handlamps and Torches | Torches | Pocket & Pen - LED |UK408

this one might be to narrow a beam

RS | Tools and Tool Storage | Handlamps and Torches | Torches | Pocket & Pen - LED

all well under your price range. As for if you cannot order offline RS have shops all over the place.

They also do a military one with a normal bulb and no batteries LOL

Nitech | Tools and Tool Storage | Handlamps and Torches | Torches | Pocket & Pen |PST1

Last edited by NutLoose; 21st Jan 2011 at 11:37.