PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcans - rear crew disabling pilots ejector seats in flight
Old 21st Jan 2011, 10:16
HTB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spot on Pontious - the ultimate causal factor in a train of events was the fire in the bomb bay. And also spot on with the AEO, who you know is built like a brick outhouse - I used to play squash with him and on numerous occasions found myself splatterd against a wall or holding various body parts following ball (squash variety that is) or racquet strike.

As an amusing little aside, you may also recall he was an avid stamp collector, of both the valuable uncommon sort and the unfranked sort that you could recover from envelopes. I inevitably shared a room with him on a MRR jaunt to Akrotiri - standard 3 single beds (can't remenber the block number) - as the Plotter was a sqn ldr and pilot usually one up from that (no idea what the co did, probably found other kids to play with). His first ploy was to soak a sackful of envelopes in the wash basin (thereby removing the ready use urinal) to float off the stamps; the next phase was placing the recovered stamps to dry on the unused middle bed; phase 3 was HTB coming in later from the mess, happy and replete, turning the fans on to full as it was a steamy hot night...and a room full of fluttering paper. He was not pleased.