PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enough With The Scab Rehetoric!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2002, 12:55
Munchkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ready or not ready?

Not sure that was the whole truth there Zoolander re; what ALPA allegedly said about not being ready.
Hong Kong has little or no labour protection so one has to tread very carefully. CX managment have been taking constant advantage of that fact in their inimitable way. The CX spin machine has to be grabbed by the balls to get a reasonable hearing in this pro business town and that is beginning to happen now. The SCMP are fed up with the persistant Cathay lies already.
They are ex colonial industrial thugs of the worst kind and they regard pilots as a necessary evil, trust me on that. We as a profession are loathed and dispised in CX.
If you are a prospective new recruit, you should be considering Emirates. The longstanding industrial hatred within this company, the marginal higher pay and higher cost of living in HK makes Dubai very attractive.
Do you really want to work for a company that can fire you for 'no particular reason'? We are currently operating on no particular contract that can be changed and eroded overnight without notice by those damn beancounters. Try and imagine it 10 years down the road when they are still looking for their bonuses.
Until this is resolved, it is NOT a career airline. Do not kid yourselves as they do.
However, there is more than one way to skin cat and much effort is going on behind the scenes bring their 'management methods' to the notice of the rest of the world. And managers come and go. (A little one with a big title is due to go soon). When this is finally over, there will be few of the protaganists and architects of this dispute left in CX management to worry about.
After the show on the recent vote to put the current AOA Prez back in the driving seat, i believe the membership are now ready for anything Zoolander.

On a personal note, it is a great privelege to write some home truths to CX's minor managers tasked with posing as pilots and writing their propaganda on this site. I know that it really chaps their asses. You all seem very uneasy to me. Not long now shorty or shortly or whatever your latest handle is.

Last edited by Munchkin; 2nd Sep 2002 at 13:09.