PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged) II
Old 21st Jan 2011, 09:24
MidlandDeltic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cannot agree with your overlooking that there was NOT in fact a passenger change. The passenger remained is the same, that one uses a diminuitive form of same passenger's name is hardly grounds to steal or extort 120 euro from anyone, no less a customer.
But the example given (Wiesje - it's a common short form of Willemiena) would not be an obvious diminutive to someone whose first language is not the same. I am sure M O'L puts Michael in when he books his flights!

As infrequent flyer says :
As to the poster booking with the wrong name, that has always been a ticket change (or a no-go), and I am suprised anyone believes different.
Could you tell me which is the passport number of a Spanish passport ?

Is it the number which says "passport number", or the other one ?
Never seen a Spanish passport, but assume like UK it conforms to EU requirements, so where it says insert passport number you insert the passport number, not the computer style script at the bottom ofthe page I assume you are referring to. As regards booking groups, I have done it; you do as Alsacienne says :

...ask them for their passports before booking and note down the vital information such as names, date of birth, passport date and place of issue and number before you book the seats
In short, accept the rules or pay the same / more / less to fly another airline.

MD