PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian med nye F/O requirements
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2011, 07:35
Don K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two falsified cents!

8ah lets get some facts on the table, because you seem to have misunderstood both things you are commenting.
First of all, look at JAR FCL 1, Subpart G, 1.280 (2). It is of course possible to obtain an ATPL.(why would anyone go for a license which would lock you to the right seat forever?) What it says is that if you do not have 70PIC then you would now need a total of 500PIC/US, not easy and expensive, but possible!
Secondly there are no restrictions that's forcing you to stay with the same company forever. The ONLY thing that you are restricted by is that your MEIR is for two pilot operations only. Another thing that is often misunderstood is that you are bound to fly the same type for the rest of your life, also not true.
Sadly enough a lot of the things that are wrong with the MPL comes back to lack of knowledge about it.

13thstage. I understand your concerns.
But consider this..
With the MPL program, DY has the opportunity to watch over the students for the entire duration of the training and sort out the ones that are simply not good enough.
You are saying that DY needs experience, and I agree, but what if experience is not available? Thats where I think that MPL comes in handy. Maybe put some restrictions on where they can fly for the first xxxx hours?

Having worked with MPL I absolutely don't think that it is an inferior education, it is different, not saying that it is better that CPL, in some situations it might be, in others not! I think it more or less comes down to the individual student.
The cancer in this industry? Wouldn't you more say that SSTR/LT is?

Hope this clarifies some things.