PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Removing passenger side door cessna 172S
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2011, 06:28
baron_beeza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one of the "old hands" suggested taking the seat out and reversing it in the rails so the photographer could face backwards, away from the strut.
Sounds like a bar stool expert. I think we have all experienced them. Some come over as having the intellect of a flea..... a few of the older, more beer sodden ones, ones even less.

It makes you wonder if these guys have ever seen a rearwards facing seat... or at least put a bit of thought into why they are so heavy. That is without even considering how to do the sign off etc...

I have heard many classics over the years, fortunately the Sunday night at the clubs are almost a thing of the past now..
Then again we get the same characters spouting away on internet forums and the like.

I have seen all sorts of methods of removing the door etc.. and when the boss or Chief Engineer finds out the bun fight often goes on for days. Role change equipment just seems to do that.... often there appears to be no quick and easy way of pleasing everyone.

The original question asked for the proper procedure, referring to the engineers is the only correct way.
Opening the window seems to have merit also, it should be the quick and easy way of dealing with it.